Sat, Nov 10|
Online via ZOOM
Political Commercial VO (1)
with J Michael Collins
TIME & LOCATION
Nov 10, 2018, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Online via ZOOM, Streaming via Irvine, CA Studio
Political Commercial VO with J Michael Collins!
Learn about the blazing hot world of political commercial voiceover!
Almost TEN BILLION DOLLARS was spent on political advertising in the 2016 campaign, and a substantial portion of that was paid out to voice actors. For the first time in political VO history, the amount of work increased during a non-election-year in 2017. 2018 is likely to be the most lucrative season in political VO history, and 2019 will likely be even stronger as the lead-up to the 2020 presidential election begins. This class will teach you how to make your mark in political voiceover, and earn your share of the massive political VO pie!
J. Michael Collins has voiced commercials for both major parties and hundreds of candidates from local races to presidential campaigns over his long career as a voice actor.
- Where to find political voiceover work.
- What types of reads are marketable in this field.
- Why political VO usually pays at the high end of the scale.
- How to effectively price your work.
- Whether you should focus on one party, or both.
- Who the buyers are, and how their tastes differ from each other.
- Why the negative read is king.
- Insights from top political casting directors and producers.
- What makes an effective political voiceover demo.
- How to brand yourself for political VO success.
- Performance technique coaching tips. Read for JMC and get feedback!
Join JMC and the VO Peeps via Zoom on Saturday, October 27nd, from 10 am - 12:00 pm PST!! This class will be limited to 15 active participants with additional audit seats available. Reserve your seat today! Participants will be able to read copy and get one on one feedback from J Michael. Auditing students will NOT perform scripts or receive script/performance critiques from the guest director but will be able to ask Live Q & A during the session.
***Please note that you will receive all pertinent info, Zoom Room Link, and scripts one day prior to the event. We're looking forward to having you at the workout!
- Ticket type
Full Participation Access
Full participation REMOTE via ZoomPrice$125.00
- Ticket type
★ MEMBERS-ONLY TICKET PRICING ★ Full participation REMOTE via ZoomPrice$106.00
- Ticket type
AUDIT ACCESS: Students who purchase Audit Access will have access to all course material as well as the opportunity to participate in a Q & A with the guest director. Auditing students will NOT perform scripts or receive performance critiques from guest directors.Price$59.00